Much has been written about the challenges of teaching an online course. While not discounting the unique (and sometimes frustrating) aspects of the online learning environment, it could be said that, despite the numerous differences, many of the same course management strategies that are essential to success in a traditional classroom also apply in the online classroom.
A strong syllabus, clear directions, well-organized materials, and timely feedback are the building blocks of any course management plan … whether you teach online or face to face.
11 Strategies for Managing Your Online Courses
This report is free when you sign up for Faculty Focus, a free newsletter with effective pedagogical techniques to bring with you to both the classroom and online!
11 Strategies for Managing Your Online Courses was created to help online instructors tackle many of the course management issues that can erode the efficiency and effectiveness of an online course. It features 11 articles pulled from the pages of Online Classroom, including:
- Syllabus Template Development for Online Course Success
- The Online Instructor’s Challenge: Helping ‘Newbies’
- Virtual Sections: A Creative Strategy for Managing Large Online Classes
- Internal or External Email for Online Courses?
- Trial by Fire: Online Teaching Tips That Work
- The Challenge of Teaching Across Generations