Despite the tremendous growth of distance education, retention remains its Achilles’ heel. As an increasing number of colleges and universities identify online education as a critical component to their long-term strategy, the issue of retention can no longer be ignored. It is mandatory for everyone who touches the distance learner to understand why these students leave their online courses, and what it will take to keep them there.
If you’re looking for smart strategies that will help you stem the tide of online student attrition, you’ll want to download this FREE special report: Strategies for Increasing Online Student Retention and Satisfaction.
This report is free when you sign up for Faculty Focus, a free newsletter with effective pedagogical techniques to bring with you to both the classroom and online!
This special report provides practical strategies for improving online student retention, engagement and satisfaction. Articles include:
- 11 Tips for Improving Retention of Distance Learning Students
- Understanding the Impact of Attrition on Your School
- Taking a Holistic View of Student Retention
- Eight Suggestions to Help You Get Your Retention Act Together Now
- Online Mentoring Builds Retention
- Nine Truths about Recruitment and Retention
- Finding Helpful Patterns in Student Engagement
- Reducing the Risk: Effects of a First Year Experience Course for Non-Traditional Students
- Service Center: A Strategy to Promote Student Retention