The first day of anything can be felt with excitement, anxiety, relief, anticipation, and an array of other emotions. But the first day of any class or course, as both a teacher and student, can set the pace and tone for the entire school year.
Back to School: First Day of Class Strategies features eight articles curated from The Teaching Professor and Faculty Focus that provide you with the tools to embrace your true authentic self while engaging students from day one.
This special report is free when you sign-up for Faculty Focus, a free online resource filled with effective teaching strategies written by faculty members just like you.
- First Day of Class Activities that Create a Climate for Learning
- 10 Things to Make the First Day (and the Rest) of the Semester Successful
- A Once-a-Semester Opportunity
- First Impressions: Activities for the First Day of Class
- Opening Intentions
- The Interest Inventory
- Summer Refresher Helps Kickstart a New Semester
- Bringing PEACE to the Classroom