Thank you for your interest in submitting an article for publication in Faculty Focus, an online resource for higher education professionals. These guidelines describe who we are, what we’re looking for, and how you can contact us.
Please note: If you are a freelance writer, we are not looking for contributions at this time.
Who we are
Faculty Focus is an online publication from Magna Publications. Since 1972, the higher education community has turned to Magna for its timely, high-quality products and services. The company is based in Madison, Wis. For more information, visit www.magnapubs.com.
What we do
Faculty Focus features innovative strategies, best practices, and fresh perspectives for creating a better learning environment. Brief and to the point, our emphasis is on the practical, rather than the theoretical. Yes, we’re interested in why a technique works, but we’re even more interested in how it works and how others can adapt and implement your strategies in their courses.
What we’re looking for
Please send us your best strategies regarding course design, active learning, class participation, assignments and activities, online teaching, diversity and inclusion, grading and feedback, teaching with technology, and other topics of interest to today’s college faculty. Submissions should be approximately 900 to 1,300 words in length, not counting references.
- Submissions should consist of no more than 25% theoretical information; the rest should be practical advice for teachers to use.
- Due to the nature of online newsletters, authors are encouraged to adopt a more practical and informal tone than is expected in academic journals.
- Articles should not have been registered for copyright or published elsewhere (either on paper or electronically) prior to publication here.
- When citing sources, please use intext citations and a reference list (Chicago Style, preferred). No footnotes or numbered endnotes should be used.
- The review process takes 5-6 weeks. Please be patient.
Once you’ve written your article, please send it as a Word doc to our editorial team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a brief bio (not your entire CV) with your submission.
We look forward to receiving your submission and hearing what you have to share with fellow educators!